About The Nature's Company (TNC)
TNC offers a variety of personal health care products and is a prominent in the Ayurvedic / Herbal category. The company believes in ‘goodness from goodness’ and truly believes that the goodness of nature can positively affect human health and beauty. Their range of products include natural products for face, body & bath, hair and wellness.
Since they strictly adhere to natural products only, their products belong to 5 ranges, each based on an element of nature. You can read more about them at http://www.thenaturesco.com. They also offer international shipping for their products.
Product Name: Hibiscus Anti-Dandruff Hair Cleanser
Product Range: 'Foressence' (based on the element of 'forest')
Product Price: Rs 795 for 250ml
Product Description/ Claim
'Rejuvenate, heal and nourish your hair with Hibiscus extracts. They restore your hairs natural barrier stimulating growth and leaving it dandruff-free and silky smooth. Furthermore, it prevents split ends forming, strengthens roots and acts as an anti-dandruff agent.'
My Experience and What I Like about this Shampoo
First of all the packaging was very good. Nothing spilled or broke. And I also like the look of the cuboid bottle. It was different (looked like a fancy brown candle) and the tight cap ensured there there was spilling even after the pack was opened.
However, I was not much into herbal shampoos. All I could remember about them was that they never lather and smells weird. But this one offered a pleasant surprise.
- The Fragrance: While I was opening the pack, my first apprehension was about the fragrance, particularly because it was a 'hibiscus' based cleanser. The shampoo did smell of hibiscus but it was very mild. In fact after washing, the smell almost disappeared.
- The shampoo doesn't lather with the first application, but does with the second application.
- I felt my hair soft right after the first application. This would usually happen whenever you change your shampoo, but I have now used this for a while and I like it.
- It definitely does not make the hair sticky.
- Since it is herbal, it can be used everyday! Also, hibiscus is known for its effectiveness in treating hair-loss and dandruff. It also stimulates hair growth.
- I never had major dandruff/ hair-falling issues, and things haven't changed either since I switched to this shampoo.
The price is a big turn off. Rs 795 ($18) is a quite a lot for a shampoo. It is by far the most expensive shampoo I have ever used! It's much more expensive than hair cleansers from The Body Shop etc.
Overall Rating: 3.5/5 (-0.5 for the price)
Disclaimer: The sample was sent to me by PR. However, this does not in anyway influence my opinion about the same.
By the way did you know there are several hundreds of species of hibiscus and here are a few!