Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Summer Special Short Hair Cut

All I wanted was a 2 inches trim. But the hair-dresser suggested me to go for something shorter because it would really suit me! I gave into temptation, I mean I had boy-cut during my entire school years and my hair has never grown beyond my shoulder. Every-time I decide I will really grow it long, I think I have a bug in my head that triggers right after my hair reaches my shoulder. So short hair was not something I was new to.

I was excited about the cut! But what I got was okay from the front but a funny and fluffy kid's mushroom cut from the back! I mean it's a nice thing to look younger, but when you're young, you definitely don't want to look like a kid!

I had taken these pictures right before my cut only to see what my hair exactly looks like from the back (read macaroni), and based on that I would decide how many inches to trim! Never thought they would actually appear in my post!

Before
 

After

Initially I was so conscious that I refused to go out. Eventually, I went out in a mini-pony tail. But now it's growing on me.

I told my sister about it on the phone! She tried to console me with her tremendously good argumentative skills. She said, 'Think about the good thing, it will make you look younger and is perfect for summers. And after all, it's just hair and will grow back soon!!' I guess I am getting used to my new look!

Tell me what you think!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

its not bad at all..but you do look like a school kid from behind.

cactusandcucumber.blogspot.com

Hungover on Fashion said...

@ Asta: That is exactly what I have been complaining about :(

FashionPhD said...

i like it! the bob is so in and its very sassy!
victoria beckam had the bob and she looked like no school girl
chill
its quite sexy

PeachesandBlush said...

I toh like it !!!! Its short and cute!!!

Ikya said...

mini-pony tail.
haha
Its very cute :) and its hair like your sister said! It has no choice but to grow out soon!:)

Poohkie said...

I love your new haircut! I too love short hair; it's so cool & easy to maintain. But I haven't cut it short in ages as long hair can simply be put in a bun/pony tail & left alone. My hair badly needs a trim, but your pics are really tempting me to cut it all off...

Divina Joy said...

I like the before better.. But I also like your new hairdo. Just think that it's your face they see not your back.

Anonymous said...

A blog after ages !!

The haircut is cute - it brings respite from the heat!!

Renisha said...

hey how you been??!!
ohh new haircut...love it..very chic...♥
dint you cry when they were chopping your hair off!! lol
I wanted a victoria beckham like bob once..but I dnt have the guts to cut my hair...:)
--kisses

Unknown said...

aww..bt its looking gud :))

strawberry Princess said...

it looks good in you... I love it... but its really not a good idea if you dont want to look like a school girl hehe

but who does not want to look young.. :)

http://thestrawberryprincess.blogspot.com/

Precious Henshaw said...

I really like the cut, very cute!!



joie-de-vie-blog.blogspot.com

Laila said...

love it im thinking of cutting my hair short too, its super long. kudos for taking the plunge
just started following you , check me out at <3 http://modepourmoi.blogspot.com/

Saf ♥ said...

Some days I feel like chopping my locks off and going bald! Summers make it so difficult to manage hair!

I think it looks great, and it will grow back eventually!

xo

rohinie said...

The best thing about short hair is...it makes u look young and fun...
i wanna cut my hair short too...but...will have to think about it...
and btw you look very pretty:)

Shruti said...

Heyy... it's a cute cut. Very summery.. cheer up! It's never too young to look young ;)

Harija said...

cute hair style!

Neat post!

My Lyfe ; My Story

@MyLyfeMyStory on twitter

Hungover on Fashion said...

@Everyone: Thanks, I guess I am liking the cut after these comments :)
& Yeah, the fact that Vic Beck had a bob is an inspiration :)

Yes, it's a respite from the heat and will grow back soon anyway!

I did feel a little bad when I saw those bunches (of my hair) falling on the floor, but it really wasn't the first time!!