Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Monkey Madness, My First Hand Experience!

It was 8 am I was fast asleep, lost in my dream world where I was probably making headlines with my blog :) Suddenly I felt the housemaid screaming something near me. I had no idea what she was talking about. I simply rushed to the drawing and guess who was there to say good morning! A monkey in my balcony trying to drink packaged juice kept in my fridge as far as I could last remember!!

I was in a state of shock. But how he got hold of that carton was far more shocking. My maid took out something from the fridge and headed towards the kitchen. In the meantime she heard the fridge open. She turned back and it was the monkey taking out the carton from the fridge himself!! And then he walked straight to the balcony. Can you beat this!

I am not really unfamiliar with monkeys. During my childhood when I spent many years in a small town of Bihar, monkeys often used to visit us in herds to enjoy the fruits and vegetables that my mother grew in our garden with a lot of passion and dedication. The maali (gardener) would fire rockets and they would go. But I guess the Delhi monkeys are far more urbanized and aggressive! They come inside your house and take out stuff from your fridge!

Anyway, despite the familiarity neither my maid nor me had the guts to actually go towards him. He even showed me his teeth. Finally the savior arrived, my husband! He simply shut the balcony door. And the photographer in me could not let this go without trapping it in some memorable snaps! I tried taking some shots from inside the house through the glass window, they weren't too clear, but I still clicked him while he was busy drinking the juice that he had spilled on the floor.

Enjoying Juice for Breakfast!


Thinking: Where to get the item from!

Off to the Next House!

My Litchi Twirl :(

What do you think :) Crazy, isn't it!

19 comments:

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Hey cool pics!!! You're right monkeys of delhi are really aggressive, even my sis experiences something like this!!!

Precious Henshaw said...

LOL!! That sure was crazy!



joie-de-vie-blog.blogspot.com

Poohkie said...

How scary! As someone who has lived in Chennai her whole life, I'm not used to monkeys. But I do see some roaming around in Bangalore & they scare the crap out of me.

Nivedita said...

Nice shots!!! This kind of monkey business is not unual, like once they find the shortcut means to get their food. Thats the sole reason, if you have noticed, in the forests people are discourage to feed monkeys and wild animals

FashionPhD said...

Poor guy. must be extremely thirsty in this heat to actually go look for a fridge.
I really feel bad for animals in this weather

Nivedita said...

Acrually this kind of monkey business is not very unusual. Wild animals , once they find a shortcut means to find food becomes very tricky and hooked onto to that method. Thats why, if you have noticed, in the forests and even in the Himachals ( as I have noticed), visitors are discouraged to feed the monkeys or other wild animals

EVE-O-LUTION said...

hahahahaha- poor you :) thank god he just had juice and didnt damage anything else :)

Anonymous said...

quite brave...both you and monkey!

PeachesandBlush said...

hahaha...what a big monkey..i wus have freaked out and dropped my camera!!!

Ankita said...

My my!!! Monkey inside the house :-O!! Keep the mesh door of the balcony closed at all times!

Beatrice said...

love this post..your blog is fab!! please please check me out and follow, let me know what you think! Can't wait to hear from you!

kisses XX

http://roses-are-blue.blogspot.com/

Beatrice said...

love this post..your blog is fab!! please please check me out and follow, let me know what you think! Can't wait to hear from you!

kisses XX

http://roses-are-blue.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

omg...haha..back home, there are so many monkeys in pasupatinath temple. they grab all the food you have and they are aggresive..i am so afraid of them.

http://cactusandcucumber.blogspot.com/

Aarthi said...

It is funny but at the same time a bit scary :P

Divina Joy said...

Haha, funny, but scary. I'm glad it wasn't a gorilla..

SinFoodie said...

I can't even imagine how the monkey made its way behind the dining table to the fridge. Scary !!

Shruti said...

Ha Ha.. so funny! I wonder the same.. how did monkey make it's way to the kitchen!! and surprised that instead of screaming (like I would) you captured it in your cam :-D

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

awww how cute! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

samecookiesdifferent said...

yummy tropicana
xx the cookies
share the feeling
www.samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com