Monday, April 4, 2011

Eve's Tailor: The Place to go for Fancy Saree Blouses



So you have a special occasion coming up and want a fancy blouse for the gorgeous saree that you just bought? If you're wondering where to go, the answer is extremely simple..Eve's Tailor, GK I M Block Market. I know this is already a pretty known fact amongst the Delhitites, but I would still like to reiterate. And this is based on personal experience and not just word of mouth.

My First Experience at Eve's Tailor
When I entered the shop for the first time, I was shocked by the things they could come up with using an 80 cm piece of cloth. And the funny thing was I felt I had come for a Doctor's appointment rather than a tailor's shop, we were all sitting in a que and the tailor would call us one by one and spend atleast 10-15 with each customer. To my bad luck, I had someone before me who had some 30 blouses!! But I was patient and the wait was worth it!
 
Here's what I liked about Eve's Tailor
  • You imagine it, they create it! Yes they can stitch almost any design.
  • Whether you want a simple design or a super sexy one, you will get them all there. If you're confused, you have loads of blouses hanging all around to chose a design from. Infact generally the tailor himself is very improvising and would help you out with the design selection based on the kind of a saree you have.
  • You can also get embroidery done, add sequences etc.
 Some of their popular designs are:


Corset Blouse
Halter Cut Blouse
Bombay Cut Blouse
Padded Blouse
Princess Cut Blouse
Off Shoulder Blouse
Choli Cut Blouse
Backless Blouse
Spaghetti Strap Blouse

 What I did not like about Eve's Tailor 
  • Can't really blame them but always very crowded. If possible you should go there on a weekday.
  • The delivery time which is usually a week also shoots up to 20-30 days in the wedding season.
 Here are a few other details about Eve's Tailor. 
  • Stitching Cost: Rs 300 for a normal blouse, 500 and above for the padded ones. Extra embroidery and sequencing will be at an additional cost.
  • Delivery Time: Generally within 7-10 days. Can go up to 20-30 during the festive or wedding season (Oct-Nov)
  • Shop Address: M - 24A, Main Market, Greater Kailash Part - 1, New Delhi - 110048 
  • Shop Contact: 011-29237843, 41631378
  • Work Timings: 11.00 AM TO 8.00 PM (Tuesday Off)
Do share your experience as well.

12 comments:

Chloe Mia said...

That picture is so pretty!

chloe-mia.blogspot.com x

Bhushavali said...

That's a heck of a talented tailor!!!
The 8-piece skirt

FashionPhD said...

what a great helpful post. Thank you!

Hungover on Fashion said...

@Classy&Fab: Glad tat you liked it. Actually when I heard about this tailor I wanted some basic info like the cost etc. But google did not have much to offer :( hope this helps..

Fragancia said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :) im following you now hope you'll follow me back too :)

Gauri said...

Your blog is pretty awesome

indian beauty central said...

Eves is the place to go if you want fancy blouses/cholis/corsets, I'd got my entire wedding trousseau & lehnga's choli tailored by them. But be fore-warned go to him at least 2 months in advance if you have lot of pieces for tailoring else you'll have to wait for hours or live with last minute alterations.

Shalini said...

your post on 'Eves' is like a mine of information... i have been wanting to get some blouses stitched from there fr quite some time now, bt didn't really take the plunge... u have totally tempted me to go ahead... i am a little too finicky with the fittings... hw are their fittings + do they manage to give u a gud fit in the first go or shud i get a rough blouse stitched first?

Thanks a ton for the help!!!

Hugs
Shalini
www.craftcurry.com

Tarun Bansal said...

hmm, that is one post that one would not find at many places. Most of others just describe about the outer clothing like Saree.
http://onlineclothingshop.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/my-first-brijraj-saree/

Unknown said...

Cn i get readymade blouses also at ds place...do reply

Unknown said...

Can i also get the readymade blouses??
I want a padded red blouse with straps and deep back

Nabanita said...

Can I get readymade blouse there?