Saturday, February 19, 2011

For the Love of Colors, Accessories from Street Shopping!

I have already expressed my love for the Gariahat street shops in my earlier blog Street Shopping, There's Nothing that You Can't Find!! But I put up pictures of only fake stuff there. This time I'm gonna tell you about the things that you can't miss buying!

Pretty Pearls
I am giving away my fashion secret here I must say! These pearls come in innumerable colors and I have bought most of them. They look absolutely classy and gorgeous!



Junk Jewellery but Contemperorary Designs!

Bundle of Bangles
You get bangles with all types of finish.

Bangles wrapped in Satin Threads
 
The Conventional 'Shiny' Bangles
 
Wooden Bangles

Bay of Bindis
Round, Square, Oval, Kundan..They have everything.
In fact they have one with my name as well :)


So if you ever visit Kolkata, you must go to Gariahat at least once! The hustle bustle will win your heart!

19 comments:

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

lovely colours. x hivennn

Anonymous said...

colorfully written with a colorful heart..

Francesca said...

so much colour! so fabulous!

http://opinionslave.blogspot.com/

Hungover on Fashion said...

Yeah, I adore these stuff for their bright and lovable colors! My fav pics :)

Tina said...

lovely and bright colours..
loved your collection of pearls..carry on!

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things said...

Especially loving the chunky necklaces:)
XX

http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

Ankita said...

Nice photography!! Esp the wooden bangles!!

Hungover on Fashion said...

Ya..wooden and shiny (the second) are my fav too :)

Unknown said...

wow!! what colours!! love the pearls. Must visit for me when next in kol :)

Unknown said...

beautiful colours :)

www.giasaysthat.com

Nivedita said...

You are too good at photography! Oh, the Dokras are everywhere . i had a piece I customized for myself. If you want to check it out. They go with all ethnic wears so well. And the bangles! I'm not much of an accessory person, but the stalls look so lucrative with them put together.
What camera did you use btw?

Hungover on Fashion said...

@Nivedita: Thanks! I have been dying to hear this!!
And yes, I used a small sony camera. The most basic one. I have one more but thats big and can't carry in my purse. If you want more details, let me know.

Nivedita said...

Sure. but even with a Nikkon I wont be able to take such good shots. I'm no connoisseur but a good picture always makes my day.!

Nivedita said...

Why didn't youedit this a bit. A little more color saturation wouldn't have done any harm. :)

Hungover on Fashion said...

@Nivedita: Yeah, will keep it in mind next time :)

Nivedita said...

:) :) I'll actually wait for more photos rather than even posts. :>

Anonymous said...

hey just found your blog thru Nivedita's blog. and i'm loving it totally. gariahaat niye post likhecho, darun valo! i stay at north kolkata,so i don't often get chance to visit the gariahaat mkt,bt i love it too. :) i mainly shop from hatibagan and new mkt. and your photography skill is awesome. :))

FashionPhD said...

Wow. LOVELY pictures

Hungover on Fashion said...

@ClassyandFab: Thank you :)