Friday, February 18, 2011

MAC Satin Amorous Lipstick: Swatches, Review and Photos

This is my first ever make-up review. So, why not start with  the 'Most Adorable Cosmetics' brand (my expansion for MAC)!! And, I must say it is one hell of a task to get that perfect swatch. I kept on posing my patched hand in different corners of my house to get the right amount of light for a picture that would exactly match the color of the lipstick. I won't say I was 100% satisfied. But here's what I got.

The Range: MAC Lipstick (Yes, the name's that simple)
The Shade: Amorous (A50)
The Color: Pink with a slight Mauvish Tone
The Finish: Satin
The Price: $ 14.5 in US/ Rs 990 in India




What I Like about Amorous

The Color: I am crazy about pinks! This one has a slight mauvish tone, but still quite subtle and good for everyday wear. Goes well with all colors except red and brown. I wish I could get a clearer picture.

The Texture: It is quite creamy and keeps the lips moisturized. Can't categorize it under the 'super creamy' range though.

The Finish: It has a satin finish. So it gives that light shine, perfect for everyday look. And once in a while I team it up with a gloss (I will review in in my upcoming posts) to give that bright look!

What I don't quite Like about Amorous

I wish it stayed a little longer. If I don't eat, it stays for about 2-3 hours. If I eat with it, it almost goes away with the food, leaving only a tinge of color on the lips.

Will I Buy it Again? Yes, because of the texture and color. But if I find something longer lasting, I would probably switch!

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

So tell me what you think!!

You may also like to read my reviews of
Clinique High Impact,
Go Fig and MAC Clear Gloss.

5 comments:

PeachesandBlush said...

I love the color- its so pretty!

Unknown said...

nice color indeed..

Hungover on Fashion said...

Yeah, I love the color too!

Nivedita said...

Awww. what a beautiful color!

Unknown said...

Lovely color .. I get confused whenever i visit MAC stores :( ... this time I will ask for this and give it a shot ...