Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Swatched: Colorbar Lipstck/ Lip Color

While my husband was shopping for groceries in the 24X7 store, I quickly explored a few shades of colobar lipsticks (few=3 only). I wanted something long-lasting, so asked for their 'Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick' range. They have pretty and matte shades in this range and the SA claimed that these would stay upto 6 hours. She also suggested that the range that lasted even longer is the 'Extra Durable Lip Colour' range (which looked exactly like the Maybelline Super Stay Gloss with a doe foot applicator on one end and a gloss brush on the other). She claimed that they stay for 14 hrs! Here are the swatches. I was looking for a coral to red shades.



1. Long Wear Lipstick (Tempt Me) - Rs 550
2. Long Wear Lipstick (Get Ready) - Rs 550
3. Extra durable Lip Color (Fashion Fushia I think, not a 100% sure) - Rs 450

The Packaging
Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick
Extra Durable Lip Color

 Since it was groceries time, we were in a hurry and I could not make the purchase. And this is where I need a little help from you in deciding what to by. I liked the Extra durable lip color. I also wanted to test the actual durability of these.  

My Test and Observations
  • To test the lasting power, I did not actually remove those swatches and performed my normal work at home.
  • The lipstick could be easily smudged but the lip color was 'immovable' :). In fact it stayed on even after a bath!
  • The lipstick was a range of pastel colors and  very light shine, almost a matte finish actually, the lip color had a nice shine to it.
  • I came back home to check the shades online, but they looked absolutely different! So in case you're ordering online from Colorbar check out the shade in person first.
My Questions: To buy or not to buy and if to buy then what to buy..
  • Have you used either of these products?
  • What's the experience like?
  • Do they last as long as claimed by the company?
  • Are they moisturizing enough?
 Please help me with your thoughts and suggestions!

15 comments:

Streak Hue Fall said...

Love the second shade...perfect for summers! :)

Dr Shivani Sud Thakur said...

hey debaleena...me loved the get ready lip shade!!!
w.r .t these lip colors ...they usually do not budge on the skin for hours but on my lips the have feathered and badly peel off ...maybe it just me,also have used revlon ,lakme and the maybelline waala...not colorbar though...

PeachesandBlush said...

I liked #2

Hungover on Fashion said...

So #2 is everyone's favorite

@Shivani: I agree that the colors generally don't stay long, but the ones with a gloss also like maybelline super stay did very very well for me. I actually got 2 of them but one of the containers leaked and I stopped using it.

Nivedita said...

I have used long stay ones from Maxfactor, maybeline and lakme. But this one looks interesting. I'm loving the get ready one, but the price is a bit too much.. ut I'll watch out for offers now.

My blog misses you dear

Poohkie said...

No 2 is gorgeous! But I've not tried these. I know of only 1 colorbar counter in Chennai & they always stock old stuff!

Renisha said...

#1 & # 2...!buy all three lol!

Unknown said...

OOH I have to agree with everyone else, the second shade is beautiful!

your blog is sooo cute, thanks for following! I'm following back :)

xo Grace

http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Lovely shades!! I love the 1st one <3

Inky Pinky said...

Shade #2 !!

Enter the Tangier Giveaway

http://huesofpink.blogspot.com/2011/05/tangier-giveaway.html

shuchita said...

yes i have used these
the color was good not sure about 6 hrs but lasted for a long time at least 4
yes they are moisturizing enough

Unknown said...

Hey I have exams goin on...my posts r scheduled..wud visit soon..after a week :)
c ya..

Harija said...

The second shade is better and love your observation!

My Lyfe ; My Story

@MyLyfeMyStory on twitter

Karishma said...

I've always found coulorbar products economical and of high quality. but its weird i am not able to find any colourbar counters here in mumbai, the ones i did find had no new products.
great review

aly7 said...

love the first shade!
please follow-
makeuporbreakup7.blogspot.com
seventhingsbeauty.blogspot.com